SILVA Expedition S Compass MS
The new model SILVA Expedition Series comes with two new features: a Slope card and a Scale lanyard, and the new graphics contain a more distinct arrow (Expedition) and a more contemporary font.
SILVA Expedition S features easy-handling Dryflex™ housing, silicon rubber feet for precision map work, detachable safety-release lanyards, night-enabling luminous markings, magnifying lens, map-measuring scales in mm or inches, 1:25,000, 1:50,000 and GPS scales, plus built-in adjusters for magnetic declination (including permanent local adjustment). The Expedition S can also map-measure 1:40,000, has both a clinometer for measuring slope angle, and 45-degree angle assistance on the mirror-sighting function.
The slope card is great both for detecting avalanche risk and for determining how challenging your journey will be. By knowing the slope you can also judge any extra distance that you need to go due to the slope. The scale lanyard has two scales on it; 1:25, and 1:50, which facilitates to measure the distance of your hike. Since its soft and bendable it’s easy to place it directly on to your route on the map.
- SCALE LANYARD - 2 scales, soft and bendable, easy to place directly on to your route on the map.
- SLOPE CARD - Calculate avalanche risk, determine how challenging your journey will be
- NEW GRAPHICS - More distinct, easier to read
- Built in adjuster for magnetic declination
- Built in clinometer for vertical angle/slope measurement
- Luminous markings enables night navigation
- Silicon rubber feet increases precision in map work
- Built in magnifier for detailed map reading
- Mirror sighting with sighting hole giving accurate bearings
- Detachable safety-release lanyard
- Map-measuring scales mm, inch
- Romer Scales: 1:25k, 1:50k, GPS
- Weight: 86 grams
- Southern hemisphere model
5 year warranty
All compasses we stock are MS (magnetic south) models balanced for use in Australia and New Zealand.
5 year warranty against defects in manufacture or materials